Having soft, luscious lips is the dream of everybody (probably why Ikeja underbridge and Oshodi underbridge are full of people selling “pink lips balm”). If your lips are dry, charred and pigmented, it’s not something you should worry about because anything can cause it (non-pink lips ain’t a smokers only thing). Even the sun and not drinking enough water can cause your lips to go black. But that doesn’t mean your lips have to be that way. Here are a few easy home remedies you can do to get softer, smoother, and pinker lips without you having to resort to using pink lipstick.
Lip Balm And Toothbrush
- Lip balm with a thick consistency
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- Apply a thick layer of lip balm to your lips. Leave it on for a while so that your lips can absorb the moisture. This will make exfoliating easier.
- Using a toothbrush, gently massage your lips in circular motions.
- Dip a washcloth in warm water and wipe off the lip balm.
- Apply a thin layer of balm if your lips feel dry.
Do this once a week helps to exfoliate your lips. But be careful not do do this often as it can cause injury to your lips.
Honey And Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Add the lemon juice to the honey and mix well.
- Apply the pack to your lips and keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a washcloth and follow up with a moisturizing lip balm.
You can do this everyday because Lemon removes pigmentation and leaves you with pinker lips and Honey acts as a moisturiser and keeps them soft and supple.
Olive Oil And Sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Put the sugar and the olive oil in a jar, and using a spatula, mix them.
- Scoop out a little of the mixture, and gently scrub your lips in circular motions.
- Wipe it off with a damp washcloth and moisturize your lips with a lip balm.
Doing this once a week helps your lips because the sugar helps remove the dead cells that make your lips dry and pigmented while the olive oil moisturises and leaves your lips smoother and softer.
Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 aloe leaf
- Peel off the outer layer of the aloe leaf to get to the gel.
- Scoop out the gel and store it in a container.
- Use as you would use a lip balm, and store in the refrigerator.
You can use this Aloe vera gel everyday. Aloe Vera is soothing, and it helps clear off chapped and irritated lips. It also stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
Chocolate and Cocoa Butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa butter
- ½ teaspoon chocolate chips
- 1 vitamin E capsule
What You Have To Do?
- Melt the chocolate chips and the cocoa butter in a double boiler.
- Add the vitamin E to the chocolate balm.
- Pour the balm in a container, and allow it to cool before using.
Cocoa butter helps your lips retain the much-needed moisture Chocolate, which is rich in the antioxidant resveratrol, inhibits melanin production that prevents the darkening of your lips
Glycerin And Lemon
- 2-3 drops of glycerin
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- Combine the glycerin and lemon juice.
- Apply to your lips as an overnight treatment.
You can do this method everyday because Glycerin is an excellent moisturizer and works great at keeping your lips supple while Lemon has bleaching properties that helps reduce pigmentation.